Law & Courts
You might be able to get free and confidential advice from Civil Legal Advice (CLA) as part of legal aid if you’re in England or Wales.
If you’re eligible, you can get help from CLA for problems including:
- debt, if your home is at risk
- housing, if you’re homeless or at risk of being evicted
- domestic abuse
- separating from an abusive partner, when you’re making arrangements for children or sorting out money and property
- a child being taken into care
- special education needs
- some child abduction cases
You can use the legal aid checking tool to check if you are eligible.
T: 0345 345 4 345
Mon-Fri 9am-8pm; Sat 9am-12:30pm
Calls cost up to 9p per minute from a landline & between 3p and 40p per minute from mobiles – if you have inclusive minutes, it’s the same as calling a landline.